Table Of Contents
- 1 How to remove shortcut virus from Your Pendrive ?
- 1.1 Method 1: Remove shortcut virus By using command prompt
- 1.2 Method 2: Remove shortcut virus Using Third Party Software
- 1.3 Method 3: How to remove shortcut virus through registry?
- 1.4 How shortcut Virus works on your system?
- 1.5 Some Popular Shortcut Virus remover Software
- 1.6 Which are the various types of Shortcut Virus?
- 1.7 How to prevent shortcut virus from coming into your system?
- 1.8 You Will Also Love These Posts
Do you want to know how to remove shortcut virus from pendrive and pc permanently?
If yes, then you are at the right place. In this trick I will reveal how you can recover your windows PC, pendrive and laptop from this virus.
Shortcut virus problem is the most common problem in pc, pendrive, usb. Most of the people get frustrated by this computer virus. The computer antivirus program is unable to detect this virus that’s the main reason now people are looking for its cure.
What is a Shortcut Virus?
This is a modern virus program which makes shortcut of all of your contents. It hides the data behind them. Sometimes it completely hides the data and make them system file.
There are lots of program or tools available in the software downloading sites but they hardly works.
It mainly works on autorun.inf .
So in this article I will talk about autorun.inf remover tool.
Even the latest version of avast antivirus on my system was unable to detect this. It was simply showing that No threat is detected. But believe me even if you format your pendrive or usb this will again come.
Because it infected your computer. Which further infects your device. Although in some cases after formatting, the shortcut virus didn’t appear but this is only for those whose system is not infected.
The main thing about this virus is, it can change your system setting by own. It will change show hidden files to hide. If you have inserted your pendrive or usb to a infected computer then your pendrive will also get infected.
Trending on TechGeekers
How to remove shortcut virus from Your Pendrive ?
Friends I found thisthis virus when I used my pen drive to take the data from my friend. That time all files and folders stored in the pen drive were missing. Instead of them I found the shortcuts of all files and folders. It was very difficult for me to find the data in the pendrive.
Method 1: Remove shortcut virus By using command prompt
In this method I will tell you simplest for showing your contents in pendrive. Although you have to perform this command prompt trick every time you use the device. This method is also known as remove shortcut virus through cmd command among techy people.
Press and hold ‘Windows’ + ‘R’ key. This will open the run box. Type cmd and run or enter. This will open the command prompt.
Now friends you need to type the following commands in the command prompt. Make sure friends here you have to replace h with the letter of your virus infected drive. For checking the drive letter open the My Computer and check the letter in front of your pen drive.
attrib -h -s -r -a /s /d Drive:*.* attrib -h -s -r -a /s /d Drive:*.* attrib -h -s -r -a /s /d Drive:*.* Note: you have to make sure that there is a space between each element of the above code.
After typing the above command press ‘Enter’.
After this wait for a few seconds to completion of the command.
After this open and check your drive, your folders. All the folders should have recovered by now. You can use these folders like you does the others in your computer.
- How to add shutdown shortcut to desktop in window 8|8.1|7
- Interesting, unknown and amazing facts about computer technology
Method 2: Remove shortcut virus Using Third Party Software
If you found command trick too techy for you. Then here is another solution to delete shortcut virus from computer permanently. One of such software is USB Fix. It really works great and has impressive features.
NOTE: Please disable your antivirus for sometime. It may be possible that your antivirus detects this shortcut virus remover tool as a virus. But you have to trust on this if you want to make use of this.
- You should note that it is necessary to close all the program before executing this USB Fix.
- Connect pendrive, usb or any external storages to computer > Choose clean
- USB fix will now perform clean operation.
- Other notable thing here. Immediately restart computer.
- Otherwise this will again come.
MC Shield is an effective solution of this problem, which I am using in my computer. The most important thing about MC Shield tool is that it automatically scan the pen drive when you connect to it your system.
Moreover, It also shows a warning if the attached drive is infected by the malwares and provides some external tool for handling these type of problem. MC Shield automatically scan and show the results for that device.
Method 3: How to remove shortcut virus through registry?
Follow this guide only if you are experienced user with windows.
Also its a risky process.
Do it on your own risk!!
So following this guide with the help of registry is not recommended for every user. You might be thinking if this is so much risky then why you are telling us.
You are right!!
This is risky but if you are willing to risk for this method then you can go on with this method.
- Press windows key + R, type “regedit” and hit enter to enter into the registry.
- Navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / Run.
- Any key that is unusual such as WXCKYz, OUzzckky and other that ends with VBS, INI, LNK and EXE extension are safe to delete. These are the basic guideline and can differ from system to system.
How shortcut Virus works on your system?
Many of you might be interested in knowing how the hell this works?
So here is its step by step strategy which I have seen in a computer.
But to be honest this is one of the best powerful computer virus program I have ever seen.:)
- First strategy is trapping you. In this step it will group all the contents of your removable media like pendrive, usb etc and move these content into a separate folder.
- It will then hide this folder. Then make a same name copy shortcut of this folder.
- It will link shortcut to autorun.inf malicious executable file.
- You have no option left. Because a single shortcut is the only one you can see.
- Now what will you do?
- Just click on this in some hope of getting your matter back. But this is for no avail.
- The virus will make a copy of itself as soon as you click on it. IT will now infect your whole system.
- 15 Most useful keyboard shortcut that works on all browser
- Conver text to speech/audio/voice|converter without online software
Download it on your computer to be safe always.
Here is another popular video
Which are the various types of Shortcut Virus?
Mainly in most of the computer we have seen two forms. They are mainly present in window software.
File and Folder Shortcut Virus
This is the most seen form of this virus on window system. Most of the antivirus program are unable to detect this virus. So they cannot fight with this virus. You have to take help from third party virus remover tool present in the market.
In this case,this will create a shortcut of all your files and folder. It will hide your original files and make them system files. As you know system files or operating system files are hidden in default, so you cannot access them.
Shortcuts doesn’t take you to the original files because this has tendency to replicate itself. Who knows it might be stealing your information from its back-door. So be aware.
Pen drive Shortcut Virus
The first thing about any virus ex. shortcut that it comes mainly from removable devices like Pen drive, memory cards or flash drive. Shortcut virus is really bad for your computer system as it can really harm the efficiency of your computer. It will hide all the matter present in drive in a folder.
But story goes really weird when you click on it. It makes a reference to the autorun.inf If thies has executed on your system then you will immediately get infected. Many suspects it to steal personal user credentials.Before opening any pendrive use the shortcut virus remover tool listed in this article.
How to prevent shortcut virus from coming into your system?
They say precaution is better than cure. If you dint get this virus or even got this 🙂 then also use following precautions while using any external devices, memory card, pendrive, usb device etc.This is the best methods to prevent it from entering into your system.
If you will follow below mentioned guide
- Instead by double clicking to view the files on usb device, right click on it then open. In this way autorun.inf will not run automatically. When you double click it directly play.
- Use boot time scanning in periodic basis. I recommended using avast boot time scan.
- Always use antivirus in your system.
- If you don’t have any antivirus program in your sytem turn off bluetooth. Surf net wisely.
- Always scan the external devices for viruses.
- Surf only safe websites.
- lastly avoid seeing autorun.inf remover tool. Just kidding 🙂
The main source of the shortcut virus is internet. External devices such as pen drive, memory stick, usb devices serve as a carrier.
Ok friends , that’s all. I hope now you know how to remove shortcut virus from pendrive, usb, memory card or in any removable device permanently.