Sometimes it happens that you are busy with your phone so much that you don’t remember to shutdown you PC that you have left on or sometimes you want to amaze you friends that you can make your PC shutdown by simply sending as SMS, whatever be the reason you will learn how you can easily Shutdown you PC with you Cell Phone. So let’s start,
Thing that you will need :
1.Windows PC ( hope most of you will be having it)
2. A Microsoft Outlook account and an e-mail address configured to it.
3. An account at “www.kwiry.com“. This account will allow you to send e-mail to you e-mail account whenever you SMS it through your phone.
4. A phone that supports SMS.(Remember: your cell phone charges will apply here)
Let’s start the proces:
1.Create a shutdown.bat script file
Script file allows to perform some operations by simply clicking it.
all you have to do is make a Notepad file and type “c:\windows\system32\shutdown -s -f -t 00“(it’s not o but it’s zero at last in the command) without double quotes and save it anywhere in your PC as shudown.bat.
The command written in the Notepad file tell the OS to shutdown forcefuly(-f) with zero waiting time(- 00).
It’s an easy and simple process, i don’t think there will be problem doing it.
2.Set up you email for doing POP3 interactions
Most of the emails used today are POP3 based such as gmail.com, yahoo.com.
3.Add a POP3 email account into your Microsoft Outlook
4. Make your account at kwiry.com
Open kwiry.com and make your account there, basically this website generates and email response for each SMS it receives. If you can directly send Email to you Outlook account then you can skip this step.
5. Set up an Outlook Rule(Most important step)
2. Tick on the box that displays “Schedule an automatic Send/Receive every” and then set the number box to “1 minutes” so that it checks for new e-mail messages after every minute and then you just click “Close”
3. Now go to Tools menu and select Rules and Alerts.
4. Select “Start from a blank rule” and make sure it’s set to “Check messages when they arrive” and then click Next.
5. On the next page you will have to select the conditions, so you want to check the box that says “with specific words in the subject line” and move forward.
6. Now at the bottom of the window, click on the “specific words” link and now you have to enter the subject line that you want it to look for. In this instance, we want it to look for the Kwiry e-mail that we will be sending it. The subject line of that e-mail will be “your kwiry – shutdown” so enter that as the specific words and click Add and OK. Then click Next.
7. On the next page, we have to select the action we want it to do. Here, we want to select “start an application”.
6.Now last step is to Send SMS through your Mobile
Now from your cell phone send a text message with the words “shutdown” to 59479 (which is your Kwiry account).
And Then your PC will shutdown if all steps are followed correctly.
Note: Make sure you have an Active Internet connection on you PC.
So that’s it in this post , till then just “Stay Hungry Stay Foolish” as said by Steve Jobs.