If you want to install an app on your iPhone without jailbreaking, then you should try using Cydia Impactor. It is a tool that allows you to install apps on your iPhone without jailbreak.
Cydia Impactor is a free application that comes preinstalled on every iOS device. It is used to install apps from the App Store onto your iPhone. However, it cannot be used to install apps from other sources such as.ipa files.
In this tutorial, I will teach you how to install an ipa file on your iPhone without jailbraking.
Step 1: Download and Open CydiaImpactor.app
Download CydiaImpactor.app for Mac or Windows PC. You can download it here or here. Once downloaded, open the program by double-clicking its icon.
Note: If you are running macOS Mojave 10.14, then you may need to enable “System Integrity Protection” in order to run CydiaImpactor. For more information about System Integrity Protection, please refer to Apple Support page.
Step 2: Connect Your Device with USB Cable
Connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable. The process of connecting your phone to your computer is very simple. Just follow these steps below:
1) Plug one end of the USB cable into your iPhone’s lightning port.
2) Then plug another end of the same USB cable into any available USB port on your computer.
3) Wait until iTunes detects your iPhone connected to your computer. When done, click the “Open” button at the top right corner of iTunes window.
4) Click the “Apps” tab under the Library section.
5) Select “Devices”.
6) Find your iPhone in the list of devices and select it.
7) Now click “+Add”, which opens up the Add Apps screen.
8) In the search bar type “.ipa”. This searches all.ipa
9) After searching.ipa, tap on the first result.
10) Tap on “Install” button.
11) A pop-up message appears asking if you really want to install the app. Confirm installation by tapping OK.
12) Finally, wait till the installation completes successfully.
13) Disconnect your iPhone from your computer after completion of the installation.
You might have noticed some new settings when installing.IPA file on your iPhone. Here we go through them step by step.
This shows the version number of your current operating system installed on your iPhone.
Set date/time automatically so that your iPhone sets time according to location. Enable Do Not Disturb mode so that incoming calls do not disturb you while sleeping.
Show battery percentage indicator.
Turn WiFi off.
Disable Airplane Mode so that you don’t lose connection during flight.
Bluetooth & Location Services
Turn Bluetooth On.
Location services allow you to use GPS features like Maps, Compass etc. Turn it ON only if required.
Check notifications option.
Anytrans is a free iOS application developed by the iMazing team. It allows users to transfer apps between their iPhones and iPads easily. With this tool, you can also manage multiple backups of an iPad or iPhone device.
Features Of AnyTrans App:-
• Transfer.ipa files directly from iCloud Drive to iPhone / iPad.
• Manage backup of multiple devices including iPhone, iPod touch, iPad.
• Backup.ipa files to iTunes library.
• Restore.ipa files from iTunes Library to iCloud Drive.
If you’re using OS X El Capitan, then there will be no problem exporting.ipa file for iOS devices. But if you’re using older versions of OSX such as Yosemite, then you’ll get an error saying ‘The application could not be opened because it is damaged.’ So before trying this method, make sure you’ve updated your mac to the latest version.
Steps For Exporting.ipa File From Mac : –
2) Go to the Applications folder.
3) Right click on ios_appname.ipa file and choose Show Package Contents.
4) Drag the exported ipa file to the desktop or anywhere else where you can access it easily.
5) Double click on the exported ipa file to open it.
Note: If you are facing problems opening exported. ipa file, try renaming it to something different than.ipa extension.
Tip 2: How to Import.ipa File on Your Android Device
1) Download any android emulator software.
2) Open bluestack and connect your phone via USB cable.
3) Once connected, navigate to the apps folder inside your mobile.
4) You should see a folder named “Download”. Inside this folder, you should find downloaded.app
5) Now drag and drop.apk file into Bluestacks. It will ask you whether you wish to run the apk file or extract its contents. Choose Run Apk File.
6) After successful execution, you would see a screen showing all applications available in your smartphone. Select the desired application and press ok.
7) Wait until the process finishes. That’s it!
Now you can transfer.ipa file to your android device.
You might have noticed that some popular apps aren’t compatible with iPhone 6 Plus. This happens due to lack of space on internal storage. In order to solve this issue, we need to install a third party app called m1 toolbox which allows us to check compatibility between our favorite apps and iPhone 6 Plus.
Here’s how to download and install the m1 toolbox on Windows PC.
First launch Google Chrome browser and type www.m1toolbox.com /download-on-windows/. Click on the Get Started button.
After downloading, double click on setup.exe file to start installation. Follow instructions given by the installer wizard. When done installing, close down the chrome window.
Once installed successfully, go back to the main page. There you’ll notice two buttons namely “Free” and “Premium”. Tap on Free one.
It will take a few seconds to load up. Then tap on “Add New Site.” Enter
A new tab will appear on the top right corner of your web browser. Here you’ll see a list of supported devices along with their respective sizes. Scroll through them till you reach iPhone 6 plus.
Tap on it and wait for a few moments. A pop up message appears stating that your device has been detected as incompatible.
Click on the Yes button to proceed further. In the next step, select an option from below mentioned options.
Select Custom Size.
Then enter values like 320×480 pixels.
Next, select Resolution.
Choose 640 x 1136 pixels.
Finally, set the Scale Factor to 1.0.
This completes the process.
If you want to use premium features then just pay $9.99/month.
Open iTunes on the computer. Connect your iOS device. Find out what profile is currently active on your iPhone. Go to Summary Tab. Look at the bottom left side where there is a small arrow icon. Pressing this icon opens up another menu. From here choose Restore Backup.
In case you don’t know about backup files, they’re basically copies of data stored on your iPhone. If something goes wrong while using your phone, restoring these backups helps you get things working again.
In case you’ve backed up your iPhone before, you may be asked to confirm the location of your previous backup. Once confirmed, restore the backup file onto your iPhone.
Note : Make sure you connect your iPhone via USB cable when doing so. Otherwise, you won’t be able to access any other connected devices.
AnyFixer is a powerful utility designed to fix all sorts of issues related to Apple products such as iMac, Macbook Pro, MacBook Air etc. It also fixes problems associated with iTunes including music library not syncing properly or even getting stuck in the loading screen. You can easily repair corrupted system files, remove unwanted applications, update outdated drivers and much more. The software comes loaded with various tools which help users resolve common errors and glitches encountered during normal usage. So if you are facing any problem with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, simply run the program and let it do its magic!
Download AnyFixer Now!
When uploading.ipa file to the App Store, sometimes we face an issue called “upload fails”. This happens due to some reasons. Let’s discuss each reason separately.
Reason 1 – Your app name contains special characters
The first thing you need to check is whether your application name contains any special character. Special characters include space, hyphen, apostrophe, underscore, dollar sign, ampersand, asterisk , colon, semicolon, exclamation mark, question mark, percent symbol, slash and many others. These symbols cannot be used in names because they have different meanings. For example, % means percentage; / indicates directory path; * denotes wildcard search pattern; represents number sequence; + stands for positive integer value;? signifies zero-or-one occurrence of preceding item;! marks negation. So make sure that your application name does not contain any special character. Also, try changing the name by removing spaces from between words.
Reason 2 – Application Name Contains Spaces
Another possible cause could be that your application name has spaces. In this scenario, you will see an error message like below.
Application name must begin with a letter or one of the following digits 0–9.
Solution You should change the name of your application accordingly. Remove unnecessary spaces from between words. Or else, rename your application name.
Reason 3 – Invalid Bundle ID
If you receive an error saying ‘Invalid bundle identifier’ then there might be two possibilities here. Either your bundle id doesn’t match the provisioning profile or the certificate is invalid. Check both cases carefully.
Check whether the bundle id matches the provisioning profile. And ensure that the certificate is valid.
If you tap the ‘Install’ button from Xcode but nothing appears on your device, chances are that you might have missed one step. Here’s how to solve this problem.
2) Reinstall XCode.
3) Restart your iPhone.
4) Tap on the Apps tab within Xcode. Select the apps you want to reinstall. Clicking on the red minus will uninstall them.
5) After uninstalling an app, click on the plus next to it to re-add it back into your project.
6) Finally, build & Run your app.
There could be several possible causes behind why your newly installed app failed to launch. Some of these possibilities are listed below.
1) If there was no provision profile attached to the.app package, then the app would crash at startup. In order to avoid this situation, make sure that you attach a valid distribution certificate along with a matching development team ID to every new version of your app.
2) Another possibility is that the bundle identifier has changed since the last time you uploaded the binary. Make sure that the Bundle Identifiers match between the.plist file and the actual code.
3) There may be another instance of the same app already present on your phone. Delete the existing copy of the app before installing the updated version.