A lot many people have developed worrying chronic health problems before they realize that the little computer mouse is the culprit.
Prolonged usage of the traditional mouse can cause Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, tendonitis, inflammation in the hands and wrist, thumb pain and a host of other muscle problems.
However, with the ergonomic mouse, an end to pain and stress is ensured.
The ergonomic mouse reduces discomfort, pain, and stress by placing your hand in a position natural to you. This is unlike the traditional mouse that forces you to use your hand in an unnatural position.
An ergonomic mouse has various benefits over the traditional mouse. Some of the benefits are:
- Made for Your Hand: The best ergonomic mouse to buy is made just for your hand. Unlike the traditional mouse that forces your hand into an unnatural shape and position, the ergonomic mouse fit your hand perfectly. Prolonged and constant usage of a traditional mouse is more than being uncomfortable. It causes tension and pressure on your nerves and tendons, resulting in pains, injuries, and treatments. You don’t want to go through that path.
- Prevention of Carpel Tunnel Syndrome: According to a research from PubMed, “lost work time from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is 27 days”. This is longer than any work-related injury aside fracture. In the same report, 18% of people who developed CTS reportedly left their jobs within 18 months. Many of these people use the traditional mouse. Carpel Tunnel Syndrome occurs when the median nerve that runs through the wrist is squeezed. The ergonomic mouse takes pressure off this nerve, and the risk of CTS is reduced. Feeling the constant pain, numbness, and clumsiness in your hand? Switch to an ergonomic mouse.
- Stress Reduction: Repetitive use of the traditional mouse can cause stress all over your body. This is because of the awkward and unnatural position placed on the hand by the mouse. However, with the ergonomic mouse, you are set free from stress and subsequent the pain and surgery.
- Prevents Pain Aggravation: The use of traditional mouse aggravates pains and worsens your condition. Whether you have arthritis or other pains, you will find comfort and relief in the ergonomic mouse.
- Increases Productivity: Using the ergonomic mouse, you can work longer on the computer. Unlike the traditional mouse that gives pain and numbness, the ergonomic mouse makes you comfortable. This prolongs its usage and eventually, increases productivity.
- Customized Usage: Ergonomic mice come in various shapes, sizes, and designs. The wide range of options gives you the choice to choose one that suits you. In addition, some ergonomic mice are ambidextrous, hence are suitable for both hands. Aside from benefiting you if you are left handed, an ambidextrous mouse also gives you the option to switch hands whenever at will.
An ergonomic mouse is undoubtedly better a traditional mouse. With the array of benefits an ergonomic mouse offers, you are left with no choice but to make that switch if you want a life free from mouse-related pains.