Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) is an undergraduate degree in computer applications. The course is provided by many colleges across the country and the content of the program is specifically structured to help students enter the IT industry as competent professionals to start their career.
The BCA has adapted to the ever changing and developing IT sector, thus giving students the education and opportunities to enter the sector as competent professionals. Of the many colleges offering the course spread across various states in India, Bangalore has its fair share of the same. Some of the highest ranked colleges offering BCA in Bangalore are listed below.
Table Of Contents
- Established in 1969, Christ University has set a prominent reputation in the education industry over the years. Christ University is UGC Approved and grade ‘A’ accredited by NAAC.
- Christ University offers Bachelor in Computer Applications (BCA) and was ranked 1 by ‘India Today, 2016’. The course requires students to have completed 10+2 from any recognized Institution.
- According to the testimonies of students, the course delivery is very enthusiastic and vibrant with the provision of numerous opportunities to students.
- The fee for the full course is around Rs. 2.4Lacs.
- Christ University has a good placement record, placing students with an average package of Rs. 4 LPA in reputed companies like Deloitte, Wipro, Accenture etc.
- AIMS Institute is a private institute affiliated to Bangalore University. Established in 1994, it has grown over the years and was ranked 18 by ‘The Week 2016’.
- AIMS Institute offers Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA). For one to be eligible to apply for the course, one must be a 10+2 pass out from a recognized institution with a minimum of 40% marks.
- The Admission Process consists of an application and a personal interview based on the marks obtained in 10+2.
- The fee for the entire course is around Rs. 2.75Lacs.
- AIMS Institute places its students with an average package of Rs. 5 LPA in companies like Accenture, Aditya Birla Group, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Berger Paints etc.
- Established in 1990, Jain University has offered many courses over the years. Jain University is UGC Approved and grade ‘B’ Accredited by NAAC.
- Jain University has various international affiliations with universities for student and faculty exchange program.
- The course requires students to have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Jain University has a decent placement record for its BCA program, placing students with an average package of Rs. 3 LPA and Rs. 4.5 LPA as its highest salary. Some of the prominent companies where students got placed include Accenture, Airtel, American Express, HCL, Infosys etc.
St. Joseph’s College
- Established in 1882, St. Joseph’s College is an Autonomous Institute affiliated to Bangalore University.
- St. Joseph’s College offers a BCA program, for which it was ranked 8th by ‘India Today, 2016’.
- Students seeking admission in the college for BCA must have at least 40% in 10+2 from a recognized Board. This is the minimum eligibility criteria.
- The admission process involves application and a Merit Screening, based on the marks obtained by candidates in 10+2.
- Total Fees for the course offered by St. Joseph’s College is around Rs. 1.4Lacs.
- St. Joseph’s College places its BCA students in reputed companies like Amazon, Cognizant, Ernst & Young, Wipro, Century Link etc.
Garden City University
- Garden City University is a UGC Approved Private University, established in 2013. The University offers a full time Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) degree.
- For one to be eligible to seek admission in this course must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board. The candidate must have studied one of the following subjects: Mathematics, Computer Science, ICT, Physics, and Statistics.
- The admission process comprises of application, followed by a personal interview and final selection.
- Total Fees for the three year BCA course is around Rs. 3.3Lacs.
- Garden City University offers high career prospects to its students, placing them in reputed companies like Cognizant, Wipro, Infosys, Goldman Sachs, TCS etc.